Hilltop School Core Values
Our core values are the make-up of our ethos and culture and what we as adults endeavour to model and instil amongst our children and young people and go hand in hand with our curriculum intent.
- All staff at Hilltop School believe in the importance of TEAM WORK in supporting our young people and each other
- Children and young people at Hilltop School are treated with the utmost CARE and EMPATHY
- We strive to enable our students to be as INDEPENDENT as they possibly can be
- All staff at Hilltop School are CHILD CENTRED and treat every child and young person as an individual
- We want every child and young person to feel VALUED and HAPPY during their time at Hilltop School.
- Should apply equally to pupils, to our staff and to how we treat people outside our organisation
- Should be reflected in how we recruit, reward and manage staff
- Should be part of how we are held to account by our Trust Board and our Governing Body
Hilltop School is a vibrant, stimulating and supportive community in which pupils and staff value themselves and others.
We aim to challenge, motivate and empower individuals with the skills and knowledge for a life beyond school.
We want the students and staff of Hilltop School to be both aspirational and inspirational.
We endeavour to ensure that every child’s individual needs are met through a range of different curriculum pathways and access to a wide variety of educational and therapeutic activities.
Hilltop School is part of the Nexus Multi Academy Trust and as such we believe in the over-arching trust ethos of striving to ensure that every student becomes “the best that they can be”.